Sustainability & Responsibility at Pernod Ricard Winemakers
We are Creators of Conviviality. We bring good times from a good place, to create a more convivial world, a world without excess.
Henry & Paul is Pernod Ricard’s family, friends and staff website and we adopt the organisations’ Sustainability & Responsibility Roadmap, Good Time from a Good Place.
True to our founding spirit, we bring people together to consciously craft wine, spirits and Champagnes, and contribute to a world without excess. We are passionate hosts, a family of exceptional people who are committed to fighting alcohol misuse. We are respectful guests who care for and strive to protect and nurture the terroirs and environments we live in.
Our 2030 Sustainability & Responsibility Roadmap, Good Times from a Good Place, will guide us as we continue to minimise environmental impacts and support our people, communities and business partners to work towards a more sustainable world.
Our 2030 Roadmap: Good Times from a Good Place
Together, we will continue to work towards our ambitious goals and targets and ensure we are contributing meaningfully to the global sustainability agenda. Our Sustainability & Responsibility Roadmap is underpinned by four pillars that directly support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and our contribution has been recognised by the UN Global Compact LEAD Program – the only wine and spirits company to achieve this accolade.
Our wines spirits and Champagnes take their character from the land where they were grown. We nurture every terroir. We are experimenting with regenerative agriculture to enhance our lands biodiversity and respond to the challenges of climate change to ensure quality ingredients now and for generations to come.
- Read more
We share a world of finite resources, under huge pressure. Our sites across Australia, New Zealand and Spain use 100% renewable electricity and will continue to reduce our emissions. We minimise waste at every step to help preserve natural resources.
- Read more
Conviviality is about sharing, warmth, care and respect for people everywhere. We are committed to diversity and fairness for all our people and empower people across our supply chain.
- Read more
Our wine [spirits and Champagnes] bring people together and serve a valuable role in society. We fight alcohol misuse in society by taking action on harmful drinking and engaging with our stakeholders for real change.
- Read more
Don’t Take Our Word For it
We engage with the world’s best environmental, social and governance (ESG) rating agencies, sustainability performance organisation and enter awards around the globe to benchmark our sustainability efforts. Commitment to improving our sustainability performance is embedded across our business, and we will continue to drive performance in a way that has meaningful impact on our planet. Here's a snapshot of our progress so far.
- Awarded 2019 Drinks Business ‘Green Company of the Year’
- Excellence status with ESG rating agency Vigeo Eiris
- Leader status with ESG rating agency Sustainalytics
- AA grade with ESG rating agency MSCI
- Gold status with ESG rating agency Ecovardis – among top 1% of companies globally
- A list company with CDP an environmental impact disclosure ranking
- Awarded 2015 and 2019 Cawthron Marlborough Environment Awards Wine Industry Category Winner
- Recipient of New Zealand's Enviro-Mark Gold level for its ongoing measurable environmental improvement program
- Signatory to the Biosecurity Business Pledge
- Awarded 2020 National Energy Efficiency Award for Leading Energy User
- Awarded 2020 National Energy Efficiency Award for Integrated Clean Energy
- Awarded 2020 Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (Workplace Gender Equality Agency)
- Awarded 2019 South Australia Wine Industry Association's Environmental Excellence Award
- Awarded 2019 Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility at the ACC Australia Corporate Lawyer Awards
- Awarded 2019 ‘Contribution to Industry, Gender Equity’ award by The Australian Drinks Awards for ‘Better Balance’
- South Australian Wine Industry Association Awards 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015 for ‘Environmental Excellence’ in the large winery category
- Drinks Business Green Awards – Green Company – Commendation 2018
- Drinks Business Green Awards - Amorim Biodiversity Award 2017
- Awarded 2015 Vinum Nature Sustainable Action Award for environmentally friendly practices
- Wineries for Climate Protection certification
- Campo Viejo is the first Spanish winery to certify its carbon footprint through AENOR
- All estate vineyards are Sonoma Sustainable Certified
- California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance certification for Kenwood Winery and Vineyards (achieved July 20)
- Napa Green Certification for Winery (achieved July 20)